LPN Night Shift Supervisor:
The Homeplace at Midway is a short drive from Lexington, and
those 15 miles take you through beautiful Kentucky landscapes
dotted with stone fences, rolling fields, and historic
farmhouses. Midway is best known for its beautiful Thoroughbred
farms and quaint, historic vibe, and the town is full of local
restaurants and merchants. The Homeplace at Midway is next door
to a horse farm, and our neighbors love to visit us at the fence
As Kentucky’s first (and only) Green House® Residence, we believe
in a different kind of senior care. Imagine the opposite of a
traditional nursing home, where elders live in cottages with a
shared kitchen and social areas. We base our standard of care on
the personal relationships between residents and staff, getting
to know each individual and caring for them as if they were our
own family. To accomplish this, our staff to patient ratio is
lower than most of our competitors, and CNAs typically have 12 or
fewer elders to care for each shift.
The Homeplace at Midway is a part of Christian Care Communities.
Founded in 1884, Christian Care is Kentucky’s largest
faith-inspired, not-for-profit provider of senior living and
long-term care for older adults.
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a
significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of
him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies
and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the
parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
1. Completes clinical rounding for outcomes on your assigned
unit(s), daily at a minimum; addresses performance deficiencies
as they are identified, with immediate correction.
2. Tracks the 24 – Hour Report to identify changes in condition,
issues that need further investigation, assessment and / or
intervention and notifications to Medical Director (MD) and
3. Conducts or participates in the following meetings as
directed: a. Daily clinical b. Clinical at risk c. Behavior d.
Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI)
4. Completes pharmacy / dietary requests and care checks in a
5. Reviews admissions records for completion of data following
the admission process, ensuring smooth transitions of care.
6. Responds promptly and appropriately to resident, family and
7. Monitors and ensures completeness of resident documentation
including but not limited to; intake, fluid, weights, Brief
Interview for Mental Status (BIMS), skin assessments, Activities
of Daily Living (ADL) charting and skilled nursing notes.
8. Completes and keeps current the 802/672. Roster Matrix /
Census and Condition.
9. Participates in the On-Call schedule as required and provides
10. Observes new employee orientation to the unit, new employee’s
progress and performance; completes and conducts employee
evaluations, provides constructive feedback and identifies
strengths / weaknesses and goals for improvement.
11. Monitors staffing patterns and addresses with adjustment of
12. Supervises and coordinates assigned facility programs,
including but not limited to, restorative, wound care and
13. Personifies outstanding customer service to co-workers,
clients and vendors by acting as a subject matter resource in a
timely, considerate and friendly manner, always maintaining the
“Golden Rule” approach; practices patience and kindness.
Required Education: Associates degree in nursing from an
accredited college or university Preferred Education: Bachelors’
degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
Required Experience: 2 years’ experience in long-term care;
supervisory experience in acute care, subacute or long term care
Required: Licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky as an LPN
Preferred: Certified Wound Care Nurse or ability to become
certified within 6 months of employment