The Dietary Supervisor is responsible for managing the food
service department and providing nutritional services for
residents, developing and implementing nutrition programs, and
evaluating and reporting the results.
* Ensures the planning and development of meals that meet
nutrition standards by working with the dietitian to establish
* Plans nutritionally balanced & therapeutic meals that reflect
the likes and dislikes of residents
* Develops menus to meet the nutritional needs of residents
includes maintaining production sheets, cyclical menus, and
suitable recipes, all of which must be approved by the Registered
* Ensures the Preparation of meals for regular and therapeutic
diets, following physicians’ orders for individual residents.
* Maintains a perpetual inventory with all related records and
activities, and makes periodic reports as required.
* Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from
nursing service, and keeps diet cards updated.
* Presents and interprets planning information to the
* Plans the operating food service budget; monitors monthly
expenditures including the weekly inventory of food and
supplies. Ensures the compilation and presentation of fiscal and
program performance information.
* Plans and presents in-service education programs for the
Dietary Department. Works with department staff in the
development of food and nutrition goals and objectives which
provides cost effective services that meet established guidelines
of nutrition and sanitation.
* Manages the work of supervisory, skilled and unskilled staff
responsible for the preparation and serving of meals and
sanitation of work areas.
* Ensures staffing, training, and evaluation of staff. Prepares
monthly departmental schedules, maintains adequate staffing.
* Participates as a contributing member of the facility Safety
* Personifies outstanding customer service to co-workers, clients
and vendors by acting as a subject matter resource in a timely,
considerate and friendly manner, always maintaining the “Golden
Rule” approach; practices patience and kindness.
degree in food service related field from an accredited college
or technical school; or be a Certified Dietary Manager
Required Experience: 5 years’
experience in food service, hospital, or long-term care setting;
3 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory role
Required License and/or Certification: Food Handler
Certificate issued by ServSafe or Health Department or able to
obtain within 6 months of employment
Preferred License and/or Certification: Certified Dietary
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the
principle of diversity and providing an equal employment
opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All
employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age
(40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.