Social Service Director:
The Social Services Dir (SSD) is responsible for coordination of
the resident’s stay in the nursing facility. The SSD will act as
the main point of contact for the resident and family to answer
questions, coordinate care conferences, schedule appointments,
arrange transportation, coordinate ancillary services, complete
assessments, and is the administrative liaison for issues dealing
with APS, guardianship, and home health coordination. The SSD
will perform all duties while maintaining compliance with all
applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
The Social Service Director will also oversee activities of our
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a
significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of
him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies
and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the
parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
* Develops, manages and implements preliminary and comprehensive
written social service plans of care for each resident or
patient, identifying problems and needs, as well as goals of the
resident or patient.
* Assists residents or responsible parties in processing forms or
applications in the effort to obtain outside services such as
Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security or any other service to which
the resident may be entitled.
* Identifies the need for, and obtains resources from, community
social, health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the
* Provides informal counseling to uncover any problems which
might be interfering with the residents’ socialization and
participation in home activities.
* Provides residents with opportunities to make vocal their
* Finds solutions to issues concerning the resident, family and
* Communicates all grievances to the administrator.
* Maintains up-to-date evaluation documentation on each
resident’s activities at the facility in compliance with all
state and federal requirements
* Develops a comprehensive rehabilitative plan, which will be
successful and practical.
* Contacts family to provide a better understanding of the
residents’ issues and affords the relatives a channel of
communication with the facility.
* Establishes contact with family members during relative
visitation at the facility or by telephone contact.
* Schedules appointments as needed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or
equivalent human services field
Required Experience: 2 years’ experience in an acute or
post-acute setting with daily patient/resident/family interaction
assisting with the coordination of care and services
Preferred Experience: Gained through experience – Working
knowledge of regulatory requirements in long-term care as they
relate to care coordination and MDS completion, as well as the
ability to recognize possible abuse, neglect, or exploitation of
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
• Paid Group Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) and 403(b)
• Education Assistance
• Free Parking
• And much more
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the
principle of diversity and providing an equal employment
opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All
employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age
(40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.