Independent Living at Its Best
When you make Chapel or Friendship House your home, you eliminate many of the worries and responsibilities you may have where you are living now. You’ll maintain your lifestyle and independence in a cozy, safe, affordable apartment with the added benefits of living in a setting designed for active seniors.
You will find Chapel and Friendship House warm and welcoming, offering a real sense of security and belonging. Here, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy your favorite pastimes. And family and friends are always welcome.
Amenities for unmatched comfort
Enjoy a cozy studio or one-bedroom apartment from several different floor plans. Special features include:
- Efficient kitchen with refrigerator, electric range or microwave
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window treatments
- Gas, electric and water included
- Basic cable TV
- Smoke detectors and sprinkler system
- Personal security system monitored 24-7
- Full bath with safety bars
- Floor plans with cut-down bathtub or roll-in, walk-in shower
Extra special touches for carefree living
Indoor and outdoor amenities abound, creating relaxed and carefree living in our community. Enjoy:
- Transportation for campus planned outings
- Pastoral care
- On-site religious services, including Protestant worship and Catholic Mass
- Laundromat, grocery, vending machines, bargain boutique, gift shop and hair salon/barber shop
- Library with computer and Internet access
- Exercise areas, recreational lounges and crafts/hobby area
- Landscaped grounds, fully accessible walking paths and comfortable outdoor areas to relax
- Fenced and lighted parking area
- Rental guest apartment at Friendship House for friends and family
- Option to have one small pet ($150 deposit)
- Prescription Drug Delivery
Enjoy a variety of social events
At Christian Care Communities, you’re never far from something interesting to do. You’ll find a social events calendar filled with opportunities to enjoy movies, concerts, games, speakers, religious services, exercise, arts, crafts, shopping, outings to cultural events, day trips to area attractions – and much more. You might even discover a new interest or special talent you never knew you had!
Home Services and Local Dining Options
While each apartment home is equipped with a kitchen, residents also can enjoy the convenience of several dining options for breakfast, lunch or dinner and shopping near Friendship and Chapel House. For your convenience, we have created a list of area grocers, restaurants, cafes, coffee shops and delivery services. Please call 502-585-5656 for more details.
Enhanced Care Options that encourage independence
At Christian Care, you also have the option of choosing one of our cozy studio or one-bedroom apartments with Enhanced Care Options (ECO) which offer the same amenities and extra special touches as our independent living apartments.
You will have the privacy of your own apartment, plus help and support to live life to its fullest. It’s an ideal way for you to enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle while maintaining the independence that we know means so much to you.
You may have thought ECO wasn’t an option for you because of a limited income. But the good news is that our comfortable and caring community offers a helping hand to residents of all income levels. That means our ECO apartments may be just what you’ve been looking for.
How Our Rates Are Calculated
Christian Care Communities is committed to offering affordable housing options to older adults, regardless of ability to pay. Some of our residents at Chapel House and Friendship House pay full market rate for our apartments. However, many of our residents receive federal rent subsidies from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, ensuring that they pay no more for rent than a percentage of their monthly income after medical expenses.
For more information about market rates, HUD subsidy eligibility or scheduling tours, please call 502-585-5656.