CORNELL, WHERE FRIENDSHIP IS A PRIORITY!
Participants enjoy the company of peers and meaningful activities within our safe, home-like environment for truly fulfilling days.
We use the Best Friends™ Approach to Alzheimer’s and dementia care at our adult day center. This model of care is completely person-centered and flexible to adapt to each individual’s strengths and abilities. In the Best Friends™ Approach to caregiving, relationships are the foundation of compassionate care. Our experienced staff and volunteers work individually with our participants to learn their Life Stories and essentially become “Best Friends.” These “Best Friends” create days together that are positive, upbeat and life-affirming.Learn More About the Best Friends™ Approach
ADULT DAY PROGRAM ACTIVITIES
At Cornell, our days are full of activities to keep our friends socially, mentally, physically and spiritually engaged. Some favorites include music, gardening, seasonal crafts, exercise programs and rides on The Blessing Bike.
Alongside fun and organized activities, program participants can take advantage of the following services:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Personal care
- Medication assistance
- Nutritious breakfast and lunch
- Health services available for six hours each day
HOW TO PAY FOR ADULT DAY CENTER SERVICES
Cornell Adult Day Center and Christian Care Communities are committed to serving adults at the most vulnerable of times. We routinely work with families to make our Alzheimer’s and dementia day program available and affordable for adults 60+.
Please call us to discuss your personal situation and determine what specific payment options are available to you.
- Medicaid – If you are elderly or disabled, Medicaid waiver programs can provide Medicaid coverage for many different services that help in your home, including adult day services. Eligibility for Medicaid is based upon an individual’s income and resources. Christian Care Communities staff can assess your eligibility and assist you with applying for Medicaid waiver.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) – If you are registered with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Community Care Network (CCN), you may be eligible for care. We are a certified VA CNN Provider. Veteran’s eligibility and coverage are determined by VA.
- VA Aide & Attendance – The VA helps Veterans and their families cope with financial challenges by providing supplemental income through the Veterans Pension and Survivors Pension benefit programs. The Aide and Attendance benefit, which helps to pay for adult day services, is available to veterans and their surviving spouses who require the aid and attendance of another person. In order to qualify the Veteran must have at least 90 day of active duty, including one day during a wartime period.
- Long Term Care Insurance – Many long-term care insurance policies provide coverage for adult day services. Your long term care representative will be able to guide you on the availability of this benefit based upon your individual policy.
- Private Pay – Many families may pay privately out of pocket for the adult day center services.
Caring for the whole person
With a Chaplain and attractive Chapel inside each community, providing pastoral support and faith-based care to our residents and staff is a priority.
It’s part of our mission to care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
We’d love to hear from you, send us a message!